Rules recently change and know you are allow to convert your backyard garage to a legal rental unit.
ADU by Garage Conversion
Your home garage can come in handy for you and your loved ones if you need additional living space in your home. A garage conversion is the most efficient and cost-effective way to remodel your home. It is the only way to remodel your home seamlessly without revealing any apparent signs of renovations on the building structure.
In case you’re expecting a baby in the family in the next few months, or an extended family member is joining you soon. You’re looking to justify why you should consider garage conversion as a viable option than an outright new room addition; this post is for you. No doubt, a garage conversion is more advantageous for you than any other home remodeling option available. So, read on to learn a few tips on how you can make a perfect garage conversion.
How to make a perfect garage conversion
Ideally, the converted garage side should look like the rest of your house.
Here are a few tips to make a conversion look seamless:
- Ensure that the materials used for the cladding and roofing match with those used for the main house.
- Be sure that the styles for the windows and doors match with those on the main house.
- Use a contemporary design for the entire house, including the garage part. This will conceal any suspicion of changes to the original design.
The advantage of a Garage Conversion
Here are some of the advantages of garage conversion compared to creating an entirely new structure.
- It is the most affordable way to add living space to your home.
- A garage conversion is also one of the quickest ways to add living space to a home.
- The foundation, walls, and roof are already in place.
Do You Need More Information About ADUs?
Garage Conversion on a budget
Converting your garage can be a brilliant way to generate a passive income. Depending on the project’s scope, it typically can be paid off in 2-4 years.
These are vital elements that need to be taken care of when converting a garage on a budget:
- Heating and cooling
- Wall framing
- Front Door
REMOCA General Contractors can help you with all necessary steps, and we try our hardest to work within your budget. We will help transform your garage into the perfect accessory dwelling unit.